With 2018 finally coming to a close, we’re putting out our last update for the year to the iPad POS Register app. This new update features a host of changes, including a new feature, improvements to functionality, and plenty of bug fixes. As always, we’ve got a list of changes for you to check out and see what’s new in version 3.4.4.
On behalf of the entire RepairDesk team, we wish you a Happy New Year, and a great 2019 to look forward to!
Please make sure that you have updated your app to get the resolved features for this release.
We have aligned some triggers from our web app to the iPad app so that functionality remains the same. The module configuration settings on the web app will now work automatically on the iPad app.
Get detailed information about this feature by reading our knowledge-based article on:
- We have successfully added sales tax class on our iPad app, and now you will have an option to select the tax class while adding a product from the iPad.
- Customer Facing Display will now only be shown in case of repairs through the iPad POS Register app.
- Numeric keypad will be displayed for ease while adjusting inventory and offering line item discount through the iPad.
- You can now easily bundle an old repair part with a repair ticket while editing the ticket from the iPad app.
Some major bugs and improvements are highlighted below:
Cost of Goods Sold
- The impact of cost price was not shown in case of selling repair, trade-in and casual items, but now this has been resolved and the cost price has been correctly reflected in reports.
- When a repair ticket was created from the iPad, the commission assigned to the respective employee was not displayed in the commission report. This has been fixed and the correct commission value will be populated on the commission report.
- The internal server error in case of a commission refund has been fixed, and now you can proceed with commission refunds without facing any internal server error.
- When any transaction was being processed from the iPad, the commission to the relative employee was not assigned. This case has been resolved and the commission will be given to employees according to the criteria set.
- When a paid invoice is created and refunded from the iPad by adding new item in the cart, it will now populate the correct refund value in reports.
- On offering refunds through quantity, the inventory count will now be updated on the iPad.
- Now you have an option to refund an accessory item through repair item using our iPad app.
- When you offer a full refund against a paid invoice with accessory items, the due amount will be equal to zero.
- You are now able to refund the discount value for refunded invoices. Whereas previously, when an invoice was refunded, discount incorporated with that invoice was not refunded.
- It was reported that in case of a refund, the refunded amount becomes doubled. This has now been fixed and the refunded amount will be shown as a single payment.
Payment logged twice
A critical issue was reported by one of our clients that payments got logged twice in the system whereas in some cases, the system only displays one payment. The system will now show only one transaction against a single payment.
Rounding off in case of partially paid invoices
The rounding off issues in case of partially paid invoices has been fixed and now all payments will be rounded off to two decimal places.
Issues related to reconciliation reports
All issues regarding reconciliation reports that have been sent in have been fixed and no wrong statistics will be populated in the reconciliation report.
Error while searching for tickets
While searching for tickets through status from the View Tickets section, if the status does not exist, it will now display an error message rather than showing an infinite loader.
Discount not shown up on Customer Facing Display
The Customer Facing Display was not showing discount values when a transaction was executed from the iPad. This has been fixed and you will see the discount value displayed through the Customer Facing Display on the iPad app without any hassle.
If you’d like to come onboard and give RepairDesk a try for your business, sign up for a free trial with us and see how RepairDesk can take your repair shop business to new heights.