The RepairDesk web app is constantly moving towards better stability, fewer glitches, and more optimized workflows to help you work more efficiently, and this week we’ve got a handful of changes that continue to improve upon our platform. Here’s a list of what’s improved and fixed in this latest release so far.
Search Filter in Employees List
Feasibility has been added to the Store Settings >> Manage Employees section. When viewing a list of all employees, you can now search a member by their email or name. Also, employees’ names are now sorted alphabetically.
A trigger has been added in the Store Settings against the Admin Dashboard that’ll restrict members to view the dashboard details against whom this particular trigger is disabled. Get more details about the reported issue here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/559
Previously, only the “Admin” was able to update the Clock In/Out time for other users. With our latest update, we’ve now added a new trigger that enables any role to update their Clock In/Out times.
Delete Leads Trigger
Another important trigger has been added against employees’ roles and permissions, this one related to Leads. If this trigger is disabled for a specific member, they cannot delete any of the lead entries. Also, this improvement will let you export only those leads & details from the Manage Leads section, that you have selected to export. Learn more here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/586
Manage Customer Across Stores
This major enhancement will help you if you’ve multiple store locations;
- When viewing customer details, you can now view all the tickets as well as invoices related to that customer. But you can edit/update only those invoices/tickets that are created in the current store location.
- You can narrow down your search result by using a store search filter.
- A new column has been added as “Store” to categorize the tickets and invoices store wise.
- The “Task” column has been improved, it’ll now show the device problem and its manufacturer too along with the device name.
For more details, visit the link: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/579
Cash In/Out Breakdown
Under the “Location Payment Method” in Reports dashboard, you can now view all the details of cash inflows and outflows in a popup. Clicking on “Cash” will show a breakdown of all the cash in/out details.
Furthermore, when you click on “Transaction ID” in the popup, it’ll redirect you to the invoice associated to this ID. Learn more here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/561
- A reported issue in the date search filter, when applied in RMA, has been fixed and is now working properly.
- A bug was reported about the tax calculation on tax-inclusive items when generating a Purchase Order. We’re happy to report that taxes are now being calculated correctly.
- Previously, a serialized item that had been added to a Transfer Order could be deleted by any other employee when updating that transfer order, and the record would then be lost. As a result, the “In Transit Inventory” report was not bringing up accurate results. This major bug has been fixed and now, the delete option will become inactive against any item with an “In Transit” status until the transfer is processed. To check the status of this reported issue, visit the following link: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/603
- A design issue has been fixed in the Lead popup. Get more details about the reported issue here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/542
- The “In Take Pre/Post Signature” popup has been corrected, and now displays the full box without any cropping.
- In certain situations, when viewing All tickets from the Manage Tickets section, the page would get stuck on the loading process. This issue has been resolved.
- A server error would occur in the “Sales by Item Type” report when trying to run a report against specific selected criteria. The issue has been resolved successfully. Learn more here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/617
- A bug was encountered when scanning an item’s specific number in the Inventory count, Transfer Order, Purchase Order, and RMA. Following our fix, items can now be scanned and searched properly. Learn more here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/508
- Previously, the time of customer replies was not shown correctly. It’ll now be displayed according to your store time zone. Learn more here: https://github.com/Repair-DeskPOS/RepairDesk-BUGS-IMPROVEMENTS/issues/581
If you have any ideas, issues or suggestions on how to make RepairDesk even better, please report them on our Issue Tracker and we’ll address your concern as soon as we can.
RepairDesk makes your life easier by helping you manage your work effortlessly and with just a few clicks. We have everything – from creating repair tickets to inventory management and more. Get a FREE trial of our all-in-one POS software for your cellphone repair store and see it for yourself!